Will Eagles go in different direction at

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will Eagles go in different direction at

Chip Kelly once said Nick Foles would be the Eagles' starter for the next 1,000 years. Nowthe coach doesn't seem so confident.The PhiladelphiaInquierer asked Kellyabout Foles and what the future holds, andthe second-year coach said he must evaluate his quarterback based on what Foles has done so far.MORE: Week 17 picks | Mark Sanchez: Jaleel Johnson Jersey Philly's hate target"The reality is the reality," Kelly said. "I can't say, Andrew Sendejo Jersey 'Hey, let's not make a decision because I need to see him play 16 more games.' In certain times we're going to have to make decisions, so you have to make it based on what you have. We don't have any control over the injury."The coach praised Foles, who's mi sedeight games this season with aAnthony Barr Jersey broken collarbone,saying "he's done everything that a really good teammate does," butwas noncommittal."For me to stand here on ... the day before Christmas, to say I've made my full evaluation of a quarterback, it's not fair to anybody," Kelly said. "We have a proce s that we go through."If part of the proce s isevaluating whetherthe team wins with Foles,the resoundinganswer isyes. Since 2013 the Eagles'record in games Foles started is14-4. Their record in games started by Mark Sanchez and Michael Vick:5-8 (with Week 17 left Adrian Peterson Jersey to play).Sanchez has already been named the starter for Week 17, but he'll be a free agent at season's end. The only other active quarterback on the Eagles' roster is Matt Barkley.