Detroit Lions having rookie Teez Tabor 'do a little bit of everything'

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detroit Lions having rookie Teez Tabor 'do a little bit of everything'

It took a quarter of the season for him to see the field,Authentic Jeremy Vujnovich Jersey, but as the Detroit Lions head into the December stretch run, second-round pick Teez Tabor has finally settled into a role on defense.
    where the team has used him both in coverage and as a blitzer.,womens Antonio Morrison Jersey,Tabor has played in most of the Lions' dime defensive packages in recent weeks
    Tabor had one tackle and missed a fourth-quarter sack on Case Keenum in Thursday's 30-23 loss to the Minnesota Vikings; last week he had two pressures on rookie Mitchell Trubisky in a win over the Chicago Bears.
    " Tabor said of his expanding role. "You get to do a little bit of everything. It fits my skill set.","I like it
    A healthy inactive for four of the Lions' six games before the bye, Tabor has earned playing time with the progress he's shown in practice, Lions coach Jim Caldwell said recently.
    Against the Bears, the Lions even gave Tabor one series at right cornerback opposite Darius Slay in their nickel defense. Typically, Nevin Lawson and D.J. Hayden have rotated at the position.
    and Tabor was drafted with one eye on 2018 — Tabor has been a solid contributor to the Lions secondary.,While the Lions need to see what they have in Tabor heading into the off-season — both Lawson and Hayden will be free agents in March
    he was kicking himself after the game for the fourth-quarter sack he missed on Keenum.,On Thursday
    "Coach dialed it up perfectly, I just got to make the play," Tabor said. "That was great coaching. That falls strictly on me, I just got to make that."
    The Lions had just pulled within four points and had the Vikings in a third-and-4 situation at their own 27 when Tabor came with a blitz from just inside the right numbers.
    but Keenum faked right then took a step to his left as Tabor spun off the Vikings quarterback with his right arm.,He split right tackle Rashod Hill and right guard Joe Berger as the Vikings slid protection the opposite way
    Keenum completed a 10-yard pass to Adam Thielen to extend the drive,Authentic Jabaal Sheard Jersey, and though the Vikings eventually punted,Authentic Johnathan Hankins Jersey, the missed sack cost the Lions a chance to build off the momentum they seemed to have seized one series earlier.
    saying that was a point where the game still "could have went either way.",Tabor acknowledged the missed opportunity after the game
    "I was close,womens Al Woods Jersey, I just got to come under control,Authentic Rigoberto Sanchez Jersey," he said. "I was going too fast. I just got to come under control, that’s it."
    Caldwell said if new defensive end Dwight Freeney had played Thursday,Authentic Deyshawn Bond Jersey,less than 24 hours after the Lions claimed him off waivers from the Seattle Seahawks, it would have been "the shortest turnaround that anybody has ever had."
    " Caldwell said.,womens Matthias Farley Jersey,"He’ll be ready next week
    Freeney, 37, had three sacks in four games with the Seahawks after signing in October, and is expected to play as a situational pass rusher for the Lions.Authentic Matthias Farley Jersey,
    Tabor had one tackle and missed a fourth-quarter sack on Case Keenum in Thursday's 30-23 loss to the Minnesota Vikings; last week he had two pressures on rookie Mitchell Trubisky in a win over the Chicago Bears.
    " Tabor said of his expanding role. "You get to do a little bit of everything. It fits my skill set.","I like itwomens Jeremy Vujnovich Jersey,
    A healthy inactive for four of the Lions' six games before the bye, Tabor has earned playing time with the progress he's shown in practice, Lions coach Jim Caldwell said recently.,Authentic Antonio Morrison Jersey,
    Against the Bears, the Lions even gave Tabor one series at right cornerback opposite Darius Slay in their nickel defense. Typically, Nevin Lawson and D.J. Hayden have rotated at the position.,womens Deyshawn Bond Jersey
    and Tabor was drafted with one eye on 2018 — Tabor has been a solid contributor to the Lions secondary.,While the Lions need to see what they have in Tabor heading into the off-season — both Lawson and Hayden will be free agents in March
    he was kicking himself after the game for the fourth-quarter sack he missed on Keenum.,On Thursdaywomens Johnathan Hankins Jersey,"
    "Coach dialed it up perfectly, I just got to make the play,womens Jabaal Sheard Jersey,Tabor said. "That was great coaching. That falls strictly on me, I just got to make that."
    The Lions had just pulled within four points and had the Vikings in a third-and-4 situation at their own 27 when Tabor came with a blitz from just inside the right numbers.womens Rigoberto Sanchez Jersey
    but Keenum faked right then took a step to his left as Tabor spun off the Vikings quarterback with his right arm.,Authentic Al Woods Jersey,Authentic Jon Bostic Jersey,He split right tackle Rashod Hill and right guard Joe Berger as the Vikings slid protection the opposite way
    Keenum completed a 10-yard pass to Adam Thielen to extend the drive, and though the Vikings eventually punted,womens Jon Bostic Jersey,the missed sack cost the Lions a chance to build off the momentum they seemed to have seized one series earlier.
    saying that was a point where the game still "could have went either way.",Tabor acknowledged the missed opportunity after the game